This year TRANSIT has printed our first ever TRANSIT Map, highlighting local artists, arts-businesses, and neighborhood businesses that support the arts during Chicago Artists Month 2012, highlighting this year’s “Art Block by Block” theme.
On our Maps, in the lower right-hand corner, there is a TRANSIT Card that you can cut out and — when you visit businesses on the map, have the manager/attendant there initial and date one of the eight boxes on your Card.
At the end of October, or as soon as you have all eight boxes filled (one box per business please), you may either scan your card and email to us, or you may send it via old-fashioned mail at: TRANSIT, 2020 N California Ave #155, Chicago IL 60647 to be entered in a drawing of prizes from these businesses.
- $10 gift certificate from El Cid
- One 19″x25″ poster designed and printed by Fugscreens Studios from Galerie F
- 20% off a single service with presentation of TRANSIT card at Hairitics Dye for Your Beliefs
- A pair of tickets to a movie screening at The Logan Square International Film Series (at Comfort Station)
- 2 movie passes, 2 free small popcorn coupons, & misc. additional swag from the Logan Theatre
- one voucher for Bilingual Boot Camp [a one-day immersion language program in one of 12 languages] (value $150) from Multilingual Chicago
- $15 gift certificate from Paladar
- 2 Happy Hour spots for BYOB ceramics fun at Penguin Foot Pottery
- $25 gift certificate from saki
- $15 gift certificate from Wolfbait and B-girls